Benefits of Meditation & Yogic Breathing
- Telles S. & Desiraju T (1991), Oxygen consumption during pranayamic type of very slow-rate breathing. Indian Journal of Medical Research 94 [B]
- Telles S. & Desiraju T (1992). Heart rate alternations in different types of pranyamas. Indian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology, 36 (4):287-288.
- Telles S., Joseph C., Venkatesh S, & Desiraju T. (1992). Alternation of auditory middle latency evoked potentials during yogic consciously regulated breathing and attentive state of mind. International Journal of Psychophysiology, 14:189-198.
- Telles S., Nagarathna R & Nagendra H R (1994). Breathing through a particular nostril can alter metabolism and autonomic activities. Indian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology 32 (4):352
- Telles S., Nagarathna R & Nagendra H R (1995). Improvement in visual perception following yoga training, Journal of Indian Psychology 13 (1):30-32
- Telles S., Nagarathna R & Nagendra H R (1996). Physiological measures of right nostril breathing. Journal of Alternative Complementary Medicine, 2 (4):479-484
- Raghuraj P, Telles S (1998). Changes in AEP-MLRs during right nostril yoga breathing, International Journal of Neuroscience.
How to Access Superconsciousness Through Meditation
One of the Reasons we like slower breathing rates.
Slow breathing reduces chemoreflex response to hypoxia and hypercapnia, and increases baroreflex sensitivity.
CONCLUSIONS: Slow breathing reduces the chemoreflex response to both hypoxia and hypercapnia. Enhanced baroreflex sensitivity might be one factor inhibiting the chemoreflex during slow breathing. A slowing breathing rate may be of benefit in conditions such as chronic heart failure that are associated with inappropriate chemoreflex activation.
Authored by Bernardi L, Gabutti A, Porta C, Spicuzza L. Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pavia and IRCCS Ospedale S. Matteo, Pavia, Italy.
- You can monitor the effects of your meditation practice at our clinic (Heart Rate Variability analysis)
- Assessment of AURA and Chakras
You can monitor the effects of your meditation practice (to purchase HEARTMATH system click on the link below)